Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is my muse...


I was going to post a rant about Twilight today, but I realized that every caffeine fueled horror nerd in the world is ranting about sparkly vampires and overly tanned guido werewolves...

So instead the roommates and I went to see the new movie, "Pirate Radio." Overall it was a decent movie. Although little thin on plot, it was quite funny and the soundtrack was amazing. It of course inspired a certain rowdiness and energy that makes me wish I had someone to fool around with, but as I don't, here's some lyrical wanderings that came from an hour long blues session with the roomies.

How can a man see, where his life might’ve gone?

How can he know, what’s right and what’s wrong?

How does he know, where it is he must be?

When no one can hear him and no one can see?

This yardstick is placed, at the feet of a babe,

Instructed to learn, and how to behave.

Grow next to this measure, never stray from the line,

Just follow this path it will work out in time.

And as a man grows, he is led to believe,

That what he has done, and what he achieves,

All serves some greater good, some greater plan…

But it don’t man…

So when a man matures, when he’s tall and he’s grown,

When he realizes, that this life’s only his own,

It is then the time comes, that a man must decide,

Where his dreams will take him, where his heart might reside…


It feels like I'm aping Bob Dylan a bit here, but when my guitarist roommates play the same blues riff for 20 minutes it tends to affect the mind...


A more punk-ish sampling...

A bystander in a secret war of fools,

A wrench in a box, so like the other tools.

Bow to those masters that you’ll never see,

Bow to those bastards, submit easily.

Sign away your soul, you won’t use it anyway.

Sign away your life, you’ll be slaving day to day.

Who needs the freedom offered by the men in suits?

I’ve never even seen ‘em, only heard the stomp of boots.

It’s an obsession with obligation,

A concession to annihilation,

A decision for gratification,

A revision for pacification,

A derision of our salvation,

A cessation of your sensation,

A division of this nation,

An incision of this generation


I'm probably just going to keep posting lyrics and poetry in its "first draft" version. I think I'd rather have someone reply with a "nice but..." rather than spend hours trying to reach some perfection to avoid a critique. I like this one mostly for the rapid chorus part. I think that it would be fun to sing.


By the way, this is a werewolf. Stay frosty.

3 comments: